Tuesday, August 11, 2009

World title is the main target: Lee

Amit Kumar Das

Hyderabad, Aug 9 (PTI) He tops the rankings but a world Championship title still eludes Malaysian shuttler Lee Chong Wei, who is hoping to break the jinx this time by not letting the pressure bog him down.

The top seed said not winning the World Championship till now still hurts him.

"It would be the main target this year but I don't want to think about that and put pressure on myself," Lee said when asked if missing the world championship still hurts.

"I am just concentrating on myself. My game has been good so far, the form is also fine now," said the Beijing Olympics silver medallist.

Lee, who won the Malaysian Super Series and Indonesian Super Series titles recently, said he doesn't want to look too far and take the tournament round by round.

"I can try my best.

No comments: